Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Books make the best gift!




This year and every year for Christmas I always have books on my list.

Usually my Godsons get me a Barnes and Noble gift card which is awesome.
On my wish list of books.........

The Taker by Alma Katsu
11/26/63 by Stephen King
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D James

I did get a gift card from my godson Ian so.......Thanks Ian. 
And Amber got me The Taker which I started reading and it is really really good! 
So I plan on making a trip to B&N to purchase the rest.

My sister and I bought my Mom a Nook for Christmas.
She was resistant and first but I do think she will enjoy it and being that she does not drive it will make purchasing books easier for her because she won't have to wait for one of her lousy kids to drive her to the bookstore. 
I kid we aren't all lousy......just my brothers.
Judy and I opted to buy her the latest Nook addition because it seemed the easiest to use.
Not that my Mom couldn't handle the Color or Tablet 
ahem...........its just she isn't very good with technology.
shhhhh cause she's old shhhhhhh 
Anyway.......I think she will enjoy the convenience.
Why didn't we buy a Kindle?
I don't like them.
I have researched....from a techie perspective.....and I just like the guts of the Nook better.

Did you have books on your gift list? 
Did you give a book for the holiday?


2 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

My experience with getting books for Christmas (or my birthday) has rarely been a good one. When I was in high school, my aunt and uncle would give me stacks of books every year, but they were books they picked up at garage sales and stuff and never anything I wanted to read. I'd rather get the gift card and go pick out things I like.

Jennifer said...

Andrew you are right the gift card is always much better unless you request a specific book or you trust the gift givers taste.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva